Ramadan is a significant period for many people in the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region. It is a time for fasting, prayer, and reflection, but it also presents a unique opportunity for businesses to increase their sales and engage with their audience in innovative ways. In this answer, we will explore some of the 2023 Ramadan trends in different industries and how brands in the MENA region can use influencer marketing to boost their sales during this time.
During Ramadan, many people in the MENA region dress up for iftar and suhoor gatherings, creating a surge in demand for fashionable and trendy clothing. Brands in the fashion industry can collaborate with fashion influencers to promote their latest collections, offer exclusive discounts, and showcase Ramadan-inspired outfits. They can also leverage influencer marketing to reach out to new audiences, increase their brand awareness, and drive more traffic to their online and offline stores.
How fashion brands leveraged influencer marketing in 2022
- Zara: The popular fashion brand collaborated with influencer and fashion blogger, Dana Al Tuwarish, to promote its new collection in the MENA region through social media platforms such as Instagram and YouTube.
- H&M: The Swedish clothing brand partnered with Egyptian influencer, Farah Emara, to showcase its latest summer collection and increase its brand awareness among her followers on social media.
Ramadan is a time for self-reflection, and many people in the MENA region use this period to take better care of their skin and hair. Brands in the beauty industry can partner with beauty influencers to create Ramadan-themed makeup looks, skincare routines, and hair care tutorials. They can also offer limited-edition Ramadan collections, run giveaways, and offer exclusive discounts to boost their sales during this period.
How beauty brands leveraged influencer marketing in 2022
- L’Oreal: The multinational beauty company worked with popular beauty influencer, Huda Kattan, to promote its new range of makeup products in the MENA region. Huda Kattan has a large following in the region and is known for her beauty tutorials and product reviews on social media.
- Sephora: The beauty retailer collaborated with UAE-based influencer, Fouz Al Fahad, to showcase its range of skincare products and offer beauty tips and tutorials to her followers.
Food & Beverages
Ramadan is also a time for family gatherings, and food and beverages play a crucial role in these events. Brands in the food and beverages industry can collaborate with food bloggers and influencers to promote their Ramadan menu, share recipe ideas, and offer exclusive discounts on iftar and suhoor deals. They can also use influencer marketing to create buzz around their new products and packaging and highlight their commitment to social responsibility by supporting local communities during Ramadan.
How food & beverages brands leveraged influencer marketing in 2022
- Coca-Cola: The global beverage brand partnered with popular Saudi influencer, Njoud Al Shammari, to promote its new drink in the MENA region. Njoud shared her experience of trying the drink on her social media platforms, generating buzz and excitement among her followers.
- McDonald’s: The fast-food giant worked with Egyptian influencer, Mohanad Alhattab, to showcase its new menu items and promote its delivery service in the MENA region.
Also read: How Influencer Marketing Revolutionized The Food Sector
E-commerce has witnessed significant growth in the MENA region over the past few years, and this trend is expected to continue during Ramadan 2023. Brands can use influencer marketing to drive traffic to their online stores, showcase their Ramadan collections, and offer exclusive discounts and deals. They can also partner with influencers to create Ramadan-themed content, such as product reviews, unboxing videos, and shopping hauls, to engage with their audience and increase their brand awareness.
How ecommerce brands leveraged influencer marketing in 2022
- Noon: The online retailer collaborated with popular Kuwaiti influencer, Ascia Al Faraj, to promote its range of fashion, beauty, and lifestyle products. Ascia shared her shopping experience and product recommendations with her followers on social media.
- Souq: The e-commerce platform partnered with Emirati influencer, Khalid Al Ameri, to promote its range of electronics and home appliances in the MENA region. Khalid shared his experience of shopping on Souq and recommended products to his followers.
Ramadan is a peak season for car sales in the MENA region, with many people taking advantage of special deals and promotions during this period. Brands in the automotive industry can use influencer marketing to showcase their latest models, highlight their unique features, and offer exclusive discounts and financing options. They can also leverage influencer marketing to promote their after-sales services, such as maintenance and repair, and create buzz around their Ramadan-themed campaigns.
How automotive brands leveraged influencer marketing in 2022
- Mercedes-Benz: The luxury car brand worked with Saudi influencer, Hind Al Qahtani, to promote its latest model in the MENA region. Hind shared her experience of test driving the car and its features with her followers on social media.
- Nissan: The Japanese car manufacturer collaborated with UAE-based influencer, Khalid Al Ameri, to showcase its new electric car and promote its environmentally-friendly features.
Gaming is another industry that witnesses significant growth during Ramadan, as many people use this time to relax and unwind after a day of fasting. Brands in the gaming industry can partner with gaming influencers to promote their latest releases, offer exclusive discounts and bundle deals, and organize gaming tournaments and competitions. They can also use influencer marketing to highlight their commitment to social responsibility by supporting charity initiatives during Ramadan.
How gaming brands leveraged influencer marketing in 2022
- PlayStation: The popular gaming console brand partnered with Lebanese influencer, Wissam Kamal, to promote its latest games and consoles in the MENA region. Wissam shared his gaming experience and offered tips and recommendations to his followers on social media.
- Xbox: The rival gaming console brand collaborated with Emirati influencer, Mo Vlogs, to showcase its latest games and promote its online gaming service in the MENA region. Mo Vlogs shared his gaming experience and organized a giveaway contest for his followers.
Also read: The Evolution Of Gaming Influencers in MENA
Influencer marketing can be an effective strategy for brands in the MENA region to boost their sales during Ramadan 2023. By partnering with influencers, brands can reach out to new audiences, create engaging content, and offer exclusive deals and promotions. With the right influencer marketing strategy, brands can create a lasting impact on their target audience and build brand loyalty that lasts beyond Ramadan.