In recent years, gaming influencers have become a prominent force in the world of video games. With their unique perspectives and engaging content, they have built up large followings and become important figures in the gaming industry. This trend is no different in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, where gaming has grown tremendously over the past decade. In this article, we will explore the evolution of gaming influencers in MENA, examining how they have risen to prominence and what their impact has been on the gaming industry.
Early Years of Gaming Influencers in MENA
The early years of gaming influencers in MENA were characterized by a small but dedicated group of gamers who shared their love for gaming on platforms like YouTube and Twitch. These early influencers built up their followings by creating entertaining and informative content that resonated with audiences who shared their passion for gaming. Some of the notable influencers of this period include:
● Ahmed Al-Nasheet (DvLZGaME): A Saudi Arabian YouTuber who started creating gaming content in 2009. He is one of the most popular gaming influencers in MENA, with over 5 million subscribers on YouTube.
● Mohamed Al-Sharqi (iiiMaX): A Qatari YouTuber who started creating gaming content in 2010. He is known for his FIFA gameplay videos and has over 1.5 million subscribers on YouTube.
● Hamad Al-Fares (iPhamous): A Kuwaiti YouTuber who started creating gaming content in 2012. He is known for his FIFA and Call of Duty gameplay videos and has over 1 million subscribers on YouTube.
These early influencers paved the way for the next generation of gaming influencers in MENA, who would build on their success and take gaming content to new heights.
Rise of Professional Gaming Influencers in MENA
As gaming grew in popularity in MENA, so did the opportunities for gaming influencers to turn their passion into a profession. This led to the rise of professional gaming influencers, who could make a living from their content creation and brand partnerships. Some of the notable professional gaming influencers in MENA include:
● Anas Marwah (ToToRo): A Saudi Arabian YouTuber who started creating gaming content in 2014. He is known for his Minecraft gameplay videos and has over 18 million subscribers on YouTube.
● Ahmad Al-Shugairi (D7oomy999): A Saudi Arabian YouTuber who started creating gaming content in 2013. He is known for his Grand Theft Auto gameplay videos and has over 8 million subscribers on YouTube.
● Hussain Al-Dawood (Saudi Gamer): A Saudi Arabian YouTuber who started creating gaming content in 2011. He is known for his FIFA gameplay videos and has over 6 million subscribers on YouTube.
These professional gaming influencers brought a new level of quality and professionalism to gaming content in MENA, which helped to attract even more viewers and brands looking to partner with them.
Impact of Gaming Influencers in MENA
The impact of gaming influencers in MENA has been significant, both in terms of the growth of gaming as an industry and the way that brands market to gamers. Some of the ways that gaming influencers have made an impact in MENA include:
● Gaming influencers have helped to build communities of gamers who share a love for gaming. These communities provide a space for gamers to connect, share tips, and discuss the latest games and trends.
● Gaming influencers have had a significant impact on the gaming industry in MENA. Their content has helped to promote games, influence trends, and drive sales.
● Gaming influencers have become a popular marketing tool for brands looking to reach gamers.
● They help to shape the preferences and behaviors of gamers, particularly younger audiences who are more likely to follow and trust social media influencers.
● Gaming influencers have the power to introduce new games and gaming trends to their followers, making them important marketing assets for gaming companies.
● Many gaming influencers in the MENA region have built large and engaged followings on social media platforms like Instagram, YouTube, and Twitch.
● Influencers often collaborate with gaming brands and developers to promote their products and offer exclusive content, which helps to increase brand awareness and sales.
● Gaming influencers also create a sense of community around gaming, bringing together like-minded individuals who share a passion for gaming and related interests.
● The rise of mobile gaming in the MENA region has opened up new opportunities for gaming influencers, as more people are accessing games on their smartphones and tablets.
● The popularity of gaming influencers has led to the creation of dedicated gaming events, competitions, and conferences in the MENA region, where influencers and gamers can come together to share their experiences and expertise.
Discover the right set of influencers for your food sector.
In general, the impact of gaming influencers in the MENA region is expected to continue to grow as the gaming industry expands and new technologies and platforms emerge.